Cast Iron Aappa Chatti
An Aappa Chatti is a special vessel used to cook aappa/ appam, a unique Kerala pancake with crispy edges and a soft yummy centre.
- Toxic-free and safe to use
- Hand-seasoned using traditional methods
- No further seasoning required. Ready to use
- Diameter 8.5 inch | Weight: 1.5 kg | Depth: 1.8 inch | Volume: 500 ml
Benefits of cooking in a cast iron vessel:
- 100% natural, eco-friendly goodness.
- Chemical-free alternative to nonstick pans, which has harmful PFCs(perfluorocarbons).
- Requires very less oil – Hear, hear all health enthusiasts.
- Fortifies your food with vital iron content – say goodbye to iron deficiencies ladies!
- Can be used on the stove, in the oven, over a fire … a must have in your survival kit!
- Sturdy as can be – engine blocks are built with cast iron, aren’t they
Every one of your cast iron vessels is:
- Suffused with rich iron nutrients.
- Soaked in starch water for 3 to 4 days
- Scrubbed clean to remove dust and impurities.
- Heated and seasoned with multiple coatings of vegetable oil.
- Packed with love
You will receive a details care manual along with your order. Follow this and your cast iron Appam Chatti can be passed down through generations.